Delivery!

I'm sorry, I thought I had posted this post, but evidently I only saved it rather than published it!

My drugs were delivered on Friday! The kind people from BUPA text me the night before saying my delivery was due by courier sometime between 8am and 10am. They were delivered fairly quickly not long after 8am. These need to be signed for and placed straight in the fridge on receipt.

I was delivered my first three lots. My first three doses are loading doses, where I'll receive double the amount of medication every two weeks (x2 200mg syringes). Each package (image on left) contains 2 syringes. After the loading doses, I'll have x1 syringe every two weeks, so each package will be a monthly supply. I received the timetable for delivery until the middle of 2016 in which my drugs will be delivered monthly on a Tuesday. I was also provided with a yellow sharps container for disposing of the used needles. BUPA will also arrange a date to collect the used needles when full, which is handy. I didn't fancy taking a trip to the tip and handing the gentleman a container of needles to dispose of!

It was a simple thing, but I can't express the joy of receiving them. It made it feel so much more real that something was finally being done, especially after the brutal week I've been having with pain. Now I just have to keep them in the fridge (and resist the urge to open them or just give it a go myself) until Monday when the BUPA nurse comes to visit and I get my first injections :)

Robyn xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment